See an infrastructure issue or have a Public Works concern?
Use the link to Report a Concern
To protect the public’s health and safety through sound engineering judgment and provide excellent customer service to our customers.
The Civil Engineering Division is a dynamic division of the Public Works Department. This division provides the following services for the Public Works Department:
1. Construction administration for the Public Works’ Capital Improvement Program (CIP).
2. Development review for public and private sidewalks, bike paths, streets, and drainage infrastructure within the city limits.
3. The Engineering Division accepts, processes, and issues Right-of-Way permits, Notice to Proceed, and Certificate of Completion by e-mail. Hard copy Right-of Way permit applications and associated materials can be mailed to the Public Works Department for processing. Please call 407-957-7269 with any questions related to these items.
4. Construction site inspection for public and private sites and/or infrastructure.
5. Planning and design services for Public Works’ CIP and maintenance activities.
6. Right of way permitting for all private work completed within the City maintained right of way and easements.
7. Monitors and implements the City’s National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)permit. For more information about the NPDES permit please visit our (NPDES) website.
8. Monitors and implements the City’s Pond Inspection Program.
9. Respond to customer concerns and provide assistance for these concerns (if possible).
10. Implements Traffic Calming request. For more information about traffic calming please see the Traffic Calming page.
11. Administers the Stormwater Utility . For more information about the City of St. Cloud's Stormwater programs, please visit our Stormwater Awareness Week Webpage.
Please visit the Document Center for access to the: