The City of St Cloud offers curbside recycling. Please have bins at the curb before 7 am on the day of collection. The City supports single-stream recycling, which means it's easier for residents to recycle. There's no need to separate different types of recyclable materials. It can all go together in the blue recycling cart.
The following clean items are to be recycled:
- Aluminum cans
- Cardboard (flatten all boxes)
- Food boxes (cereal, cracker, etc.
- Junk Mail
- Newspapers and inserts
- Office paper and file folders (without wax liners)
- Paper bags
- Paper cardboard dairy and juice cartons.
- Paperback and phone books
- Plastic bottles
- Tin, steel or aerosol cans
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED
The following items are NOT to be recycled.
- Glass; it is not accepted by the recycle centers
- Bottle caps
- Broken glass
- Ceramics or dishes
- Food waste
- Hardback books
- Household hazardous waste
- Light bulbs, window glass, or mirrors
- Motor oil containers
- Newspapers with plastic wrappers
- Plastic bags
- Plastic tubes, jars, and trays
- Polystyrene foam
- Shredded paper
- Yard waste or trash
- Metal Pans
- Plastic wrap
- Plastic bags can easily get tangled in the processing equipment and can shut down the recycling facility
Plastic bags seen in city recycling carts include:
- Garbage bags - Do Not Bag Recyclables. Leave the items loose in the blue recycling cart.
- Retail store bags - many retailers collect these for recycling, so they may be returned to the store. OR, if reused for garbage, these bags belong in the maroon garbage cart.
- Other - including dry cleaning bags, food storage bags, newspaper delivery bags, etc. must go in the garbage carts.