In collaboration with the businesses located Downtown, the City adopted the use of Outside Alcohol Consumption and the creation of an Entertainment District Event Permit to create opportunities for a concentration of amenities and entertainment venues within a pedestrian-friendly segment of the City’s Downtown.
- North: 9th Street
- East: Florida Avenue
- South: 13th Street
- West: Massachusetts Avenue
outdoor alcohol consumption
consumption of alcoholic beverages outdoor is permitted within the Entertainment District subject to the following regulations:
- Hours of outdoor consumption are from Wednesday to Saturday from 11 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Alcoholic beverages are defined as beer, wine, and liquors
- For outdoor consumption, no more than 1 drink per valid I.D per transaction
- Outdoor consumption is only permitted in a clear plastic cup, with a registered district logo, not to exceed 16 fl. ounces
- No drinks are to be brought in from outside of the District
- Be courteous of your surroundings and dispose of your waste in one of the many available trash bins within the District
Things to know for Outdoor Alcoholic Beverages Dispensing Establishments
- Your establishment must first register with the City to be able to dispense alcoholic beverages for outdoor consumption. Please see the District Documentation section below for a copy of the Business Registration Affidavit and/or contact the Zoning Division for information on how to register your business.
- Your establishment is only allowed to dispense one (1) drink per valid I.D. for outdoor consumption, per transaction at a time.
- Only dispense alcoholic beverages for outside consumption between 11 a.m. Wednesday to Saturday 12 a.m.
- Only dispense alcoholic beverages for outdoor consumption in a clear plastic cup, no larger than 16 fl. ounces, that contains the District’s registered logo. Please contact Mainstreet for information on how to obtain the approved logo to place on your plastic cups.
- Do not allow drinks to enter your establishment from outside sources
Entertainment District Events
Ordinance 2021-55 also created the Entertainment District Event Permit. This permit was created to make it easier for events to happen in the District. All events, single day and/or re-occurring, that are outside of the day-to-day business of the District and the business within are required to obtain an Entertainment District Event Permit. The permit application is linked in the below section.
For more information, please contact the City's Event Manager at email@example.com