- City Government
- Community Development
- Local Business Taxes
- Home / Mobile BTR & COU
Home / Mobile BTR & COU
For Home Businesses
If you are a homeowner who wishes to conduct business from your home, a Business Tax Receipt and Certificate of Use can be obtained in 5 simple steps:
Step 1 - Verify Allowance and standards: Contact the Planning and Zoning Department at 407-957-8422 to verify that you may be able to operate out of your home. Only certain types of business may be operated from your home. These regulations require the business to adhere to the following:
- Must reside at the premise
- Must be conducted entirely within the residence or accessory structure
- Cannot have any client or customer presence on site
- Cannot use employees or volunteers other than family members residing on premises
- Cannot occupy more than 10% of the home, including storage
- May not display signs advertising the business
- May not use equipment not normally found within the household
- Except for mail order, may not conduct sales or services on premises
Step 2 - Application: Download and complete the Home/ Mobile Business Tax Receipt Application
Step 3- Submit: Submit the application, associated documents, plans (if applicable) and fees by one of the following ways:
- In Person: City Hall - Planning and Zoning Department in person, Building A 1st Floor between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday - Friday;
- By Mail: City of St. Cloud, 1300 9th Street, Attn. Licensing, St. Cloud, FL 34769
Step 4- Staff Review: Staff will review the proposed request for compliance with City standards and will offer any applicable comments.
Step 5- License Issuance: Once approved, your BTR and COU, must be available upon request at your home business and subject to inspection by all duly authorized officers of the City.
For more information about how the Planning and Zoning Department can assist you or your business, please call 407-957-8422, email us at St. Cloud Business Licenses or stop by the office located in Building A of St. Cloud City Hall.